Sunday, August 14, 2011

Indie Author

Last week my six-year-old nephew was hit by a car and killed.  Since then my life has been full of F words: family, friends, and the much dreaded funeral.  Jared was a very special boy that absolutely loved life.  More importantly, he loved people.  He was the first person to say hi to anyone that walked through the door.  His best friends were his brothers and sisters, yet he made everyone else feel as though they were the most important person alive.  He will be missed by all who had the pleasure to know him.

One of the things I find hardest about losing a loved one is thinking about what might have been.  I have contemplated what Jared's life would have been and come to some conclusions about my own.  After much debate, I decided to publish my novel, Five on Amazon and Smashwords on Thursday.  I hope to have it up at Barnes and Noble soon.

For those of you who bought my book, Thank You!  I hope you love it as much as I do.  I am working on the next installment in the Elemental Enmity series, and I am excited about where it is headed.  I hope to have it available in a couple of months.

If you are just stopping by, I'm glad you came. 

I am planning something really exciting in a few weeks.  I want to give you a deeper understanding about Rayla's universe, so I will be writing part of the series right here.  It will be an in-depth look into how the fae came to be on earth and the wars they waged before a truce was made.

I am excited about what is to come and hope you are too.

Until next time...

  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you John! It has been easier to deal with life since his loss isn't so fresh. I don't think we will ever get over it, though.

    Thanks for setting me straight about the comments, too. Hopefully it is fixed now. I am what you would call technically challenged!

    ReplyDelete