Sunday, June 1, 2014

Featured Title--Never Let You Fall by Michele G Miller!


She's an orphan with a secret past she's never known
He's the Guardian raised to protect her and deliver her home 
Together they find forbidden love and a future neither one is prepared for...




Never Let You Fall (Prophecy of Tyalbrook, #1)
Genre: YA Fantasy Romance
Available: 
Add it to your Goodreads TBR

Learn more about Michele HERE


Excerpt:


“What do you feel?  Anything strange?” 

She flung her hands up in the air as she answered me. “Yes, I feel something strange!  This whole thing is strange!” 

Placing my finger on her lips, I shook my head in frustration.  “Skye, what do you feel here?” I asked again, pointing to her chest.  “How do you feel?” 

She stood for a moment with her lips lightly pressed to my finger, slowly closing and reopening her eyes.  There was a sheen to them that spoke of unshed tears, and as she raised her hand to pull mine away from her mouth, I saw her fingers tremble when she whispered, “I can’t deal with this, Xander.” 

“Yes, Skye - you can and you will,” I warned her.  “This is going to happen whether you want it to or not.  I told you that I’m safe, and I…” 

Skye broke into hysterical laughter at that.  “Safe?  You’re telling me that a legion of demons is after me and there’s nothing I can do to stop it.   How in your book does that equal safe?”

“You don’t know me, Skye, and you don’t know Rioden and… what we can do.  I told you that I would protect you, and I will.” 

Shaking her head, she took a small step back and admitted, “You’re right about one thing, Xander,” as she wiped a tear from her face.  “I don’t know you, so how can I trust you?  No matter how you make me feel.  Please just leave me alone.”  She spun on her heel and sprinted away, leaving me to stare after her.


No comments:

Post a Comment