Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Forever Girl by Rebecca Hamilton

Rebecca Hamilton made a fan out of me with her debut novel, The Forever Girl.

First of all the cover is stellar.



Doesn't it make you curious?  Rebecca has a contest going right now on her blog to win a $25.00 Amazon gift certificate for whomever writes the best back copy for her book because she doesn't currently like the one she has.

http://www.beccahamiltonbooks.com/2012/02/29/write-a-blurb-for-my-book-25-amazon-gift-card-anyone/

This is what I came up with:

Between dealing with the incessant buzzing in her head, her fanatical mother’s daily intrusions, and machinations of the downright possessed leader of a local cult who happens to be her neighbor, Sophia Parsons is used to the bizarre. But when she follows her friend into a reclusive nightclub, she soon discovers there is more to her world than she ever thought possible.

Turns out the sleepy little town Sophia calls home is crawling with supernatural beings who’ve made her their next target. What secrets are hidden in her family’s complicated past? Who is Sophia? And what role does she play in this strange new world where real-life monsters lurk around every corner? Who can she trust?

More importantly, will Sophia be able to harness her true nature before she loses everything and everyone she loves? Or will she be consumed by the curse of The Forever Girl?

Makes you want to read it, doesn't it?  Well, I hope it does, anyway. lol.

Rebecca is not only a fantastic author, she is a great person, and I am so glad I have gotten to know her over the last couple of weeks.  I contacted her to let her know how much I was enjoying her book, and she jumped right in trying to get to know more about me.  If you read her blog you will see that she is a deep person with strong beliefs about life.  One of the most important attributes of a great author if you ask me.

So without further rambling from me, here is my goodreads review:

Reading Forever Girl was an absolute pleasure. Sophia was relatable, and I felt her pain and experienced her journey right along with her. Rebecca Hamilton captured my interest from the first page of Sophia's story. Her beautiful writing swept me into the story, making me feel as if I were standing right next to Sophia.

If you are looking for a new twist on vampires and shifters, look no further. Hamilton's mythology is unique and intriguing. This is a must read for paranormal fantasy readers. It even has a healthy dose of romance, which I always love.

Rebecca Hamilton has a made forever fan of me.




If you think I'm alone in rating this book five golden stars, you are sadly mistaken.  Two hundred and one people have given an average rating of 4.56.  Pretty great right?

So what are you waiting for?  Go out and get a copy of The Forever Girl.  You won't regret it.

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/FOREVER-Fantasy-Paranormal-Romance-ebook/dp/B00729GQ0A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1333030174&sr=8-2

Barnes & Noble:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-forever-girl-rebecca-hamilton/1108447070?ean=2940014060196&itm=1&usri=the+forever+girl+rebecca+hamilton

goodreads:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12955151-the-forever-girl

No comments:

Post a Comment