I'm so excited today! I've been tagged in a really fun interview tag-a-thon with a few other authors where we answer questions about us and our work and then tag others to do the same! Thank you A.D. Trosper for tagging me!
I hope you're as excited about this as I am :) I've been dying to talk about a new project I'm working on and this is my chance! LOL. I'm sure most of you know I'm working on Horizon, the final book in my Elemental Enmity series, but I'm not going to talk about that today because I've got a great series churning in my brain; and besides, I don't want to spoil anything for anyone that is currently reading one of my other books :) So here goes :
1. What is the working title of your book? Dreamscape (Netherworld Book 1)
2. Where did the idea come from for the book? I was reading about Morpheus one day and somehow a link between he and Hades formed in my mind. Suddenly a character named Seth was born and he started telling me his story. I've been captivated ever since :)
3. What genre does your book fall under? New Adult Paranormal Romance.
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
For Seth this was an absolute no-brainer. It took me less than two seconds to think of Chris Hemsworth.
Amelia, on the other hand, was harder to peg down, but I finally came up with Phoebe Tonkin from the Secret Circle. (Can I just vent right now about how angry I am they cancelled the show? Who runs these networks anyway?) :0D
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? Now this was much harder to come up with. Amelia Blake never knew how real dreams could become until Seth ripped her from her crumbling world and wrangled her into helping him win a centuries old feud between the Oneiroi and the Erebos for control of the Netherworld. (Now that's a long sentence, but it's still one ;))
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? Self-published
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? I am still working on it. Started it a month ago, and I'm trying hard to not let it derail Horizon (grins). It's just the newness of discovering this story that is thrilling for me, but I actually think it will help me keep on track with Horizon rather than hinder my efforts. I'm not going to say when it will come out because at this point I don't know if it will beat Horizon or not (grins again). Hey don't get mad at me. If you like my Elemental Enmity Series, chances are you'll love this one, too.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? Hmm, this is a hard one because I haven't read anything quite like it, but I guess in a way it is like Hush, Hush with the mystery and danger factor.
9. Who or What inspired you to write this book? I'd have to go with God or Homer, not sure which, lol; but if I were a betting woman, I would say the former.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? So I'm flying by the seat of my pants here, so hold on tight :) Seth's character was based on a mixture of Hades and Morpheus. He is a keeper of dreams and requires a mortal's help to stop the evil Erebos from taking over his realm. Little does Amelia Blake know she has become his target until she finds herself trapped in his lair with the only way out through her dreams. The only thing is, by the time she figures out how to leave him, will she want to?
So there you have it! I'd love to hear your thoughts!
To check out what other authors had to say, click the links below! I hope they'll accept my tag because they are all amazing authors and I want to know what they have up their sleeve next :)