Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Booyah Book Review--A Different Blue by Amy Harmon

A Different BlueA Different Blue by Amy Harmon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm a fan of Amy Harmon. I read her title A slow Dance in Purgatory before A different Blue and she already won me over with that one. Amy's writing is lyrical and flows so well no matter what she writes, it seems.

A Different Blue intrigued me not only because I had read another title from this author, but because the premise sounded great. I have always been drawn to Native American stories, and this one was no exception.

I loved the way Ms. Harmon infused legend into the book. Blue was such a strong heroine. I love a girl that knows what she wants, and Blue fits that mold. Even though she has weaknesses, she strives to overcome them. She wants better for her life and once a decision is made, that's it. She's full boar behind it.

I loved Wilson, too, although I wanted to smack him toward the end of the book, lol. I will not be giving away any spoilers because this book is beautiful from the first page till the last and should be experienced without any preconceived notions in my opinion.

I will say that the struggles Blue faces may be different than mine, but I connected to her fight to attain what she wanted out of life. I think we all feel as though we are different. It is only when we accept ourselves for who we are that we can really shine as a person, and Blue's story is such a wonderful example of overcoming and redemption.

This book is packed with emotional experiences from joy to anger to sadness, I felt it with Blue. She is one of my favorite contemporary heroines, and I am so glad I took a chance to read outside my preferred genre. This is an exceptional book from an exceptional author.

Bravo Amy Harmon. I can't wait to read your next brilliant novel!

View all my reviews

It's not hard for me to believe that A Different Blue just made Amazon's top ten list!  Congratulations, Amy!!!

About Amy Harmon:

Amy Harmon knew at an early age that writing was something she wanted to do, and she divided her time between writing songs and stories as she grew. Having grown up in the middle of wheat fields without a television, with only her books and her siblings to entertain her, she developed a strong sense of what made a good story. Amy Harmon has been a motivational speaker, a grade school teacher, a junior high teacher, a home school mom, and a member of the Grammy Award winning Saints Unified Voices Choir, directed by Gladys Knight. She released a Christian Blues CD in 2007 called "What I Know" - also available on Amazon and wherever digital music is sold. She has written four novels, Running Barefoot, Slow Dance in Purgatory, Prom Night in Purgatory, and coming March 29, A DIFFERENT BLUE. 

Purchase your digital copy of A Different Blue for $0.99

Amazon Barnes and Noble Smashwords

2 comments:

  1. You know I loved this too, Christie.
    You're right about the lyrical tone and quality. Congrats to Amy on cracking the Amazon Top Ten. Amazing achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Emma, and I agree, Amy totally deserves the achievement!

    ReplyDelete