Thursday, June 6, 2013

Cover Love--The Thumbnail Challenge

So, this week I decided to focus on #FREE books since sometimes it's easier to get into a great series if the first one is on the author. I also have been messing around with Amazon's new categories, and I have to say it is helpful.  For this one I went to Kindle Books, Fantasy, Characters and I selected Angels then I filtered by price low to high :)

These covers caught my attention for one reason or another, and, unlike their competition they stood out.  So here they are, in no particular order.  If you see something you like, don't worry, I've got the link for you, just click on the link below the image!  Remember, these are free as of today.  I don't know what they will be tomorrow :)

This first cover is cute. It gives off a young and fun vibe, which I like if I've had my fill of dark and broody for a while. The title is easy to read and the contrast is good with the black and white.  This might not work as well in color, and it shows a great artists "eye" :).

Complete opposite to the first, this cover is dark and broody.  I love the image and the reflection.  Even with everything going on, I can still make out the title, and I'm interested already!

 I've seen this one around for a while and this image never ceases to grab me.  The title could be clearer, but it is interesting and made me look at the link.

Love this image.  The title and author are clear on this one and the tone of the book is set with one look at this.

This one isn't my favorite, but it is interesting enough to draw my attention.  The bold typography makes me think of thrillers, but I'm still learning branding myself and the importance of choosing the right font for the job.  I'm still checking this one out, too.

At first, I couldn't tell what the title was.  The R in Rest kind of looks like a B, and so I was confused, but the image is seductive on its own.  I had to take a second look to see what that shadow was, which is really what a cover needs to do.  I think the font of the title and the author's name clash a bit, but like I said, I'm still learning this stuff.  For me, at least, this cover did its job.

My favorite for today?  It's stunning big, don't you think?



I'd love to hear your thoughts.  Have any covers that have blown you away?  Has the book lived up to your expectations?

Happy Reading Everyone :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover for Heaven High.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. It's simple and fun. I almost picked that one as my favorite, but I couldn't decide, lol.

    Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete