Sunday, March 10, 2013

#Indielicious Blog Hop--Teaser Alert



Hello again!  I hope you all are having a great weekend.  I have some exciting news.  I will be revealing Dreamscape's cover on March 12, this tuesday, so I hope you will stop by to see the amazing work of Amber McNemar, once again.

Now, on to today's teaser.  We're continuing in Dreamscape (Netherworld Book I).  In this teaser, Amelia gets a few answers.  I hope you enjoy it :)


“The Erobos have existed since this world was created.  They live in the Netherworld.”
By her wilting expression, I am only confusing her further.  “What’s that?” she asks, making a face.
“Many think it’s the place lost souls go to dwell once they leave the mortal world.  Others think it is the literal gathering of hell.”
Her hand closes into a fist.  “That’s not an answer.”
She is paying attention.  “In reality, the Netherworld is a place where anything can happen.  Once a soul crosses into the Metaspace, they are part of that place and cannot return without help from one such as me.  The truth is the Netherworld is neither Heaven nor Hell, yet it can be either depending on the state of the soul that crosses.”
“So what you’re saying is it’s the afterlife?”
I shake my head.  “A complete soul may cross to the next place if they are ready, but lost souls have a part of themselves missing.  Within the Netherworld, they can find that missing piece again, but it is a treacherous place if one doesn’t know where they are going.”



Make sure you stop by the other blogs for tempting teasers.  Happy Sunday, Everyone :)



12 comments:

  1. oooh, I don't know if I'd want to be stuck in the Netherworld. This is sounding like a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Erin. The Netherwold is indeed a scary place! I'm loving this world and the story is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want to know more about the netherworld and what it has to do with your characters. I love the explanation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job of explaining it without it coming across as an info dump. I like the interaction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm intrigued. Would like to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to know more about this netherworld thingy...big time. Very intrigued :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow. I'm gone for a couple hours and missed all of you, lol. Thanks everyone! I'm excited about this world. It really is kind of cool.

    Glad it came to me :) Off to read your wonderful teasers.

    Thanks for all the comments and the <3!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally getting a Supernatural vibe, like in a Sam & Dean Winchester way. Sounds like a great book and incredibly imaginative. I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Elle! It's funny, but I've only seen a few episodes of Supernatural! It kind of freaked me out, lol. Once I thought I wanted to watch it, I couldn't find it on TV anymore. Usually the way it goes for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Netherworld sounds terrifying!

    ReplyDelete