Sunday, March 24, 2013

Indielicious Blog Hop--Teaser Alert!


Hi Everyone,

I hope you are having a great Sunday morning.  It's time for another teaser from Dreamscape.  I'm trying not to give the whole plot of the book away, so I'm staggering my posts.  Hehe.

So here we go:


“What are the options?” she asks, throwing me even further off my game.
“I could explain what you saw, or I could show you while explaining.”
“I’ll take door number two, please,” she says in amused tone.
I stand.  “Very well, but there are some rules I need you to agree to before we proceed.”
Her eyes cloud with distrust.  “Yeah, what’s that?”
“First, I need you to promise me that no matter what you see you will not follow me into the Dreamscape.”
She gives me a derisive smirk and asks, “And second?”
“You will keep an open mind.”
Her tongue darts out to wet her lips, and I am frozen watching her.  Keeping my distance from her is much more difficult than I imagined.
I move toward the pit, calling the flames.  The wall of fire bursts forth and she lets out a yelp, no doubt remembering her burn.
I look back at her.  She sticks the tip of her finger into her mouth and nods. I close my eyes momentarily to distract myself.   “You will not be harmed, so long as you stay put.  Do you understand?”
She nods, and I move forward.  When I reach the wall, I hesitate, letting her feel the heat of the flames, letting her process what is about to happen.  Then I take my first step through the molten barrier.
She screams, and I whirl around wondering if the flames have inadvertently touched her.  Everything seems to be in the right place.  I sigh in relief.
Her voice comes out strained as she watches me stand in the fire.  “What the hell?”  She stands up, moving as if she will come over to me.
I step out of the flames and back into my living room.  She is still not ready.  I cannot trust her.  “You said you would sit still.”
She’s at my side instantaneously, running her fingers up my arms.  I close my eyes, reveling in her touch.  I’m afraid to look at her, which only makes this moment harder to control.
Her fingers withdraw, and I’m more disappointed than I thought possible.  I open my eyes and she’s staring at me, really staring.  For one brief moment I think she might recognize our connection then she blinks and the moment is broken.
She takes a step back.  Then another.  And another.

Don't forget to visit the other stops in the hop.  There are some great teasers floating out there now.  I can't wait to read what's next.

Happy Sunday everyone :)


12 comments:

  1. This makes me want to scream COME BACK. He definitely has feelings for her but she seems afraid. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, come on, why does everyone keep stopping today. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, Thanks, Ladies. I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want moooooooooore! It was steamy just with that...ugh need more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, Rebecca. If you think that's steamy, maybe I should give you some real heat next time...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I want to know more about this connection and make her come back! Book looks awesome BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Andrea. I'm having fun writing it :) And Amelia is a little more stubborn than I would most likely be, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow and wow! What a great teaser. I am dying to know what the connection is between these two. You have really built up the action and the suspense. Talk about a *very* interesting plot!

    Elle C.

    ReplyDelete
  9. More please! This is a great teaser! I love these characters and can't wait to find out what their connection is!

    ReplyDelete